Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Block processing and printing results in python

From: Trond Danielsen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Block processing and printing results in python
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:09:53 +0200

2007/3/25, Eric Blossom <address@hidden>:
On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 08:42:40AM -0700, Robert Miller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to repeatedly compute signal characteristics for consecutive
> blocks of data from the USRP, while echoing the results to the screen (e.g.
> mean,etc.).  I would prefer to do this within python without writing my own
> signal processing block.  Is this possible without writing my own block?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

Depending on what you're trying to measure, this is possible.
See for example

    gnuradio-core/src/lib/general/
        gr_probe_signal_f.h
        gr_probe_signal_c.h
        gr_probe_signal_avg_mag_sqrd_f.h
        gr_probe_signal_avg_mag_sqrd_c.h

I was looking for something like this too, but from what I can see,
gr_probe_signal_c.* is not available in trunk (rev. 4796). Am I
missing something?

--
Trond Danielsen