[Discuss-gnuradio] Final Packet(s) dropped

From: Richard Alimi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Final Packet(s) dropped
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:13:55 -0400

Hello All,

I am currently having a problem with packet transmission similar to the one
Tom Rondeau had mentioned in his February 14th 2006 post titled 'Dropped
Packets.'  However, there was no general resolution given there.

When I run the dbpsk/dqpsk/gmsk transmitter/receiver under the
gnuradio-examples directory (revision 4796), it always seems to drop the last
packet, leading me to believe this hasn't been fully fixed.  Using
the --discontinuous option produces the same result.  Even adding a
time.sleep(1) before fg.wait() doesn't seem to fix it, as suggested by that
post.

To be sure that all of the data was being written out to USRP when running my
application, I put some print statements in usrp_basic_tx::write(), and the
correct number of samples appear there (I can also verify that it is a
multiple of 128).

At the receiving end of my application, I can observe that the received power
drops to the level of normal background noise somewhere before the final
packet is received.

I'm currently using the USRP (rev 4) with an RFX2400 daughtercard.  I have
set_auto_tr(True) on both transmitter and receiver.

Has anyone experienced or been able to resolve this?

Thanks,
Rich