Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Asking info about the Interleaving of samples

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Asking info about the Interleaving of samples
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:40:27 -0700

Rigas,

It is not necessary to cc: Eric and me when sending a message to the GNU Radio mailing list, since we are on the list. Sending 2 copies of your message in 15 minutes is also not necessary.

I have used a sinusoidal signal generator to test my USRP output stream using a single or even the teo inputs to the RX daughterboard. I suppose there are 4 channels at the end when I use both RX daughterboard inputs, for I and Q so I tried to separate my output data by using a 4 sample interleaving but it does not seem I can reconstruct my input sinusoidal signal at all.

I have really a difficult time to decode the output data stream, I know there is some kind of interleaving process, but I cannot speculate what that is, can you please let me know of a reference or of a webpage or if someone can tell me how to separate my output data for each channel?

You need to send some code so we can tell you what you are doing wrong. But the basics are : You need to tell the usrp source how many streams you want. You need to set up the mux properly. If you want 4 streams, you need to use the alternate rbf file.

Matt