Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Advice on I/Q control using USRP

From: Shaiful
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Advice on I/Q control using USRP
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 04:48:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Sorry, my mistake, I think for my application the
correct signal path is RX->FPGA->PC->FPGA->TX, because
I want to do the I/Q signal processing in the PC.
>From my survey, for this path the delay going to be
around 100 ms.

Presumably, I can get much better delay at around 1 us
if I want use another path, which is similar to MRFM,
RX->FPGA->TX, but I'll need to re-program the FPGA.

For the first approach may be I live with the delay by
doing some delay compensation inside the PC, since my
input signal is repetitive.  Personally, I'd prefer
this approach since I can re-use most of the codes
that has been written for GNU Radio and it is more
flexible as well.

For the latter approach, if I re-program the FPGA like
in MRFM application, can I still use the GNU Radio
codes and utility?  For example, I need to display the
transmitted signal on a Smith Chart using my PC.

Regards,
Shaiful

--- Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 04:00:21AM -0700, Shaiful
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the expected delay if I do the I/Q
> processing
> > in the PC instead?
> >
> > Do you have any simple example how to perform
> complex
> > I/Q processing for the path RX->FPGA->PC->TX.
>
> That's pretty much all we ever do.  Look at any of
> the examples
> in gnuradio-examples/python
>
> Eric

It's here! Your new message!