[Discuss-gnuradio] Shared Memory Problem

From: Trond Danielsen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Shared Memory Problem
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:50:17 +0200

I have a problem with insufficent shared memory. I'm running GNU Radio
from SVN, and keep getting these messages:

gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmget (1): No space left on device
gr_buffer::allocate_buffer: failed to allocate buffer of size 32 KB
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
 what():  St9bad_alloc
Avbrutt (SIGABRT)

I've tried increasing the maximum size of shared mem blocks with this command:
sysctl -w kernel.shmmax=2147483648

I've attached the block that causes these problems (it will not work
if you try it, because some additional modules are missing). Any hints
on how to solve this?

Trond Danielsen