Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to reset USRP hardware via GNURadio

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to reset USRP hardware via GNURadio
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:38:34 -0700

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 06:07:01PM -0700, George Barrinuevo wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I will try the 2 ctl-c method.  Also, is there a
> software reset command in GNURadio to recover from any
> corruption?  This can be a software initiated reboot
> of the USRP or something similar.
>
> Thanks,

We can't get completely back to the power-on state from software,
because there is some h/w state in the AD9862's that we can't write
from s/w.  When we open the USRP, we do rewrite all the registers that
we can get at, so that's pretty close to a reset.

There is also a long standing bug where in some cases the first few
blocks of samples received from the USRP are semi-bogus.  When the
problem shows up, it's in the first 1024 complex samples.  The problem
is in the FX2 firmware.  Larry Doolittle tracked it down a year or
more ago for his UXO detector at LBNL, but the changes never made it
back into our code base.

Eric