Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to reset USRP hardware via GNURadio

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to reset USRP hardware via GNURadio
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:48:35 -0700

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 05:11:52PM +0200, Martin Dvh wrote:
> Eric Blossom wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 06:07:01PM -0700, George Barrinuevo wrote:
> >
> >>Eric,
> >>

> > There is also a long standing bug where in some cases the first few
> > blocks of samples received from the USRP are semi-bogus.  When the
> > problem shows up, it's in the first 1024 complex samples.  The problem
> > is in the FX2 firmware.  Larry Doolittle tracked it down a year or
> > more ago for his UXO detector at LBNL, but the changes never made it
> > back into our code base.
> I couldn't find anything about this in the mailinglist archives.
> Do you have a link?
>
> greetings,
> Martin
> >
> > Eric

Hi Martin,

I didn't find a link to the message, but here's Larry's revised code:
http://recycle.lbl.gov/~ldoolitt/xguff.html

His gadget uses a Spartan 3, but as I recall, the fix is in the
resetting of the buffers and/or in their initialization.

I think a basic diff should turn up the changes.  We haven't really
touched the FX2 code in a couple of years.

Eric