Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to modify an existing source code without rec

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to modify an existing source code without recompiling the entire gnuradio-core
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:29:42 -0700

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 05:41:40PM -0700, pradeepbhat wrote:

> I do the same but it seems to be achingly slow. Well I guess I would have
> keep doing that if i need to modify something.
> Pradeep

Which version of GNU Radio are you using?
svn or tarball?

If you're building from the tarballs, there's a step in the build
where it compiles gnuradio_swig_python.cc, where the working set of
the compiler is about 750MB.

In the trunk, this file has been split into 5 pieces, reducing the
compiler working set size to about 350 MB.  That change will make it
into the gnuradio 3.1 tarball whenever that's released.

How much memory does your machine have?
I suggest a minimum of 1GB.

Eric