Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MATLAB/Windows and the USRP

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MATLAB/Windows and the USRP
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:37:01 +0200

Kevin Rudd (Contractor) wrote:
> Hello all,
>   I just received my USRP and I have successfully installed GNURadio on my
> Linux box.  I am just starting to dabble with the code a bit.  I am very
> much a Windows/MATLAB developer, so I think I could be far more productive
> if I could just stream the baseband waveforms to and from the USRP from
> MATLAB.  I see on Ettus's site that some are working on a MATLAB interface.
> I would like to contribute to this effort.  Does anyone have a good starting
> point?  Are there any windows drivers (dll's or source)?
>
> Btw, I tried installing the binaries from www.olifantasia.com and the code
> did not like my USRP revision??  I have also searched the list and tried
> emailing people directly, but without any responses.
The binaries are a bit outdated.
I haven't found the time to make new ones.
(It is quite a long process updating and building the windows installers)

I will probably make some new ones someday, but don't pin me down on a date.
You could build from source yourself on mingw or cygwin on windows.
More people are doing this.

Greetings,
Martin