[Discuss-gnuradio] core dumps when using gr.firdes

From: Josh Blum
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] core dumps when using gr.firdes
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 01:31:18 -0400

Hello,

I am having core dumps when using the taps generators in the gr.firdes
package. The core dumps happen when I give the functions invalid
arguments. Example:

gr.firdes.complex_band_pass(0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
  what():  gr_firdes check failed: sampling_freq > 0
Aborted (core dumped)

Although I should obviously not be doing that: I am trying to add the
taps generating functions to the math expression parser in GRC. However,
if a user enters a bad argument, I should be able to catch the error,
but currently, the entire program will crash!

Help please,
-Josh Blum