[Discuss-gnuradio] DAB, RDS, DRM, HDradio and OFDM

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] DAB, RDS, DRM, HDradio and OFDM
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 01:46:42 +0200

Hi all,
Is anybody working on DAB, RDS,DRM, HDradio or OFDM at the moment.
I will probably be working on all of these in the near future and was wondering
what the status is of these and where to find what.

I know there is some OFDM stuff in svn.
Can anybody tell me about the status of it.

There were some RDF implementations on the list a while back.
people working on it: Ronnie Gaensli, and later adapted
by Ryan Shoff and later by matteo Campanella
http://digilander.libero.it/iz2eeq/#rds
The FMradio guts in gnuradio-core ( wfm_rcv_pll.py) also makes  a reference to
RDS but the above implementation seems to not use this.
I don't think there is actual RDS code in svn is there?

There is some DAB work done by Jens Elzner on:
http://www.1c3.de/dab/
But I don't know if anything is in gnuradio svn yet.

The only thing I could find on hdradio and gnuradio is a spectrum screenshot by
Chuck Swiger.

I know you can connect DReam and Gnuradio, but has anybody tried to extract the
DRM algorithms out of Dream and put it into gnuradio.

Greetings,
Martin