[Discuss-gnuradio] Adding/recovering packet number using packet_utils py

From: Tarun Tiwari
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Adding/recovering packet number using packet_utils python class
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:12:28 -0500

Hi,

I was wondering if we can add the packet number using current packet_utils python class.

When I look into the code, I see that we introduce the preamble, access code, length of the packet, payoad with crc, and padding for usrp using make_packet function. At the same time when I look into the pkt.py , I see that msg.to_string() is the whitened_payload_with_crc and msg.arg1() is the whitener_offset for unmake_packet function in packet_utils class.

Now, I understand that the preamble and access codes are removed by the timing and frequncy sync blocks in the receiver ( please correct me if I am wrong), but I could not understand where the packet length, attached with the transmitted packet, went or if it was present, how do I get that?

Well, if I add the packet sequence number in the transmitted packet, how can i recover the sequence number? is it possible with current packet_utils python class or I need to write a new class for the same?

I would welcome any guidance over adding/recovering of packet sequence number.

Thanks in advance.

~Tarun
UT Dallas