[Discuss-gnuradio] Return value for subdev.set_gain() ?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Return value for subdev.set_gain() ?
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:08:21 -0400

I'm working on a Flex400 card, and noticed that when calling the subdev.set_gain() method, nothing is returned (or, rather "None" is always returned). I hadn't seen this before, so I looked through the Python code and found that in "db_flexrf", the "set_gain()" method tries to return the value of "self._set_pga()" method call, but that this method doesn't return anything (no "return" at all). So I checked the "set_gain()" code for "db_tv_rx", which just doesn't return anything (no "return" at all, again), while this method in "db_basic" (for rx or tx) tries to return the "_set_pga()" methods' return value.

It's not clear to me if the subdev.set_gain() method is supposed to return anything or not, so I'm just ignoring its return value at this time. Can someone with more knowledge and understanding of this issue please look into it? Thanks! - MLD