[Discuss-gnuradio] about how to test RFX900 with USRP

From: zhifeng
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] about how to test RFX900 with USRP
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 14:56:05 -0400

Hi,
I am a beginner in USRP for GNU Radio. I just buy two sets of USRP with
RFX900 for our project. There is no any documents together with the
package. That is fine for play USRP monther board. But when I want to
test a transmitter and receiver between two sets of USRP+RFX900, there
is no any readme documents address this, so I have to go through all
files to find which file may be used to test RFX900. Furthermore there
is even no comments in the .py file, so I have to understand all the
codes in that file to decide how to build up a link between two RFX900.
It is very difficult for many beginners like me to understand without
readme and comments. Does anyone have suggestions for:
1. which files should I use to test link between two RFX900?
2. which file may I use to set the power gain for trasmitter? since my
experience before is LNA in receiver has maximum input power limit.
3. which file may I use to set different waveforms?
4. Is there such documents addressing these for beginners?

I find several folders include .py with regarding to usrp:
/usrp/host/apps, /gr-usrp, /gnuradio-examples/usrp. and I am reading
some of them: flexrf_siggen.py, flexrf_debug.py, usrp_siggen.py,
usrp_oscope.py... It is really a painstaking for me now. Any advices is
highly appreciated. Thank you very much!

BR,
Zhifeng