[Discuss-gnuradio] embed fix sequence in payload part

From: pratik hetamsaria
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] embed fix sequence in payload part
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:04:18 +0100 (BST)

hi..

i am trying to embed a fixed sequence which i want to recover during demodulation. I have read from the previous archives that it would be easier to embed it in the payload part.However, as soon as i add anything in the payload part, and try to receive using rx_voice, i get an error saying

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  msg length is not a multiple of d_itemsize
Aborted (core dumped)

What I have understood is that the msg length changes as soon as I add something to the payload.If I dont do anything and just run rx_voice.py then the msg length comes to be 1687/1720

I have tried getting the msg length after adding different sequences.
If i change the code as:
payload = payload + preamble, the msg length changes to 1719

Otherwise, If i change as:
payload = payload + default_access_code
the msg length changes to 1751

where default_access_code and preamble are given in packet_utils.py.

I have not been able to find out the value of d_itemsize or what should be its value so that the code runs.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanking you,
Pratik Hetamsaria

Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.