[Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitting a binary 'ones and zeroes' file for Bit

From: rashi dixit
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitting a binary 'ones and zeroes' file for Bit Error Analysis
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:25:38 +0100 (BST)

Hello Everyone

I am currently working on binary file transmission from one system to another, but couldnt figure a way out yet.

Using tx_voice.py when I send a binary file with just an arbitrary stream of ones and zeroes, data is read and transmitted as packets well. But unfortunately, on receival side on the retrieval of data, it isnt written back into the file in the binary format as originally but a combinations of bits are clubbed and expressed by incomprehensible hashes and stars. So the data cant be deciphered.

I tried using the GMSK modulation scheme. But the binary data chunks are filtered out during transmission only....probably due to the gaussian filter. Please check me out if I am wrong.

Could anyone suggest a way for a ones and zeroes file to be transmitted? My final aim is  to find the 'Bit error rate' of transmission form one node to another.

Also is there any way of comparing two binary files? I mean how should one approach the bit error analysis keeping correlation in mind etc?

Thanking you all
Rashi Dixit

The DELETE button on Yahoo! Mail is unhappy. Know why?