Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] embed fix sequence in payload part

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] embed fix sequence in payload part
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:13:19 +0100

pratik hetamsaria wrote:
hi..

i am trying to embed a fixed sequence which i want to recover during demodulation. I have read from the previous archives that it would be easier to embed it in the payload part.However, as soon as i add anything in the payload part, and try to receive using rx_voice, i get an error saying

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  msg length is not a multiple of d_itemsize
Aborted (core dumped)

What I have understood is that the msg length changes as soon as I add something to the payload.If I dont do anything and just run rx_voice.py then the msg length comes to be 1687/1720

I have tried getting the msg length after adding different sequences.
If i change the code as:
payload = payload + preamble, the msg length changes to 1719

Otherwise, If i change as:
payload = payload + default_access_code
the msg length changes to 1751

where default_access_code and preamble are given in packet_utils.py.

I have not been able to find out the value of d_itemsize or what should be its value so that the code runs.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanking you,
Pratik Hetamsaria

Pratik,

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do. Which example code are you using? And also, what's the purpose of what you are trying to do? That might help us set you in the right direction.

Please list the code where you are making the change to add your fixed sequence.

Tom