Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 and gnuradio

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 and gnuradio
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 15:56:23 -0400

So far I have been unable to get the python to work properly on any Power PC running Linux. It runs on Mac OSX but not PPC. For example,

make check

fails in a segmentation error in the base routine that runs the actual checks.

It is no trouble at all to get GnuRadio to make and install on the PS3 running FC6. It took me about 3 hours. It is just that nothing runs after that.

Eric Blossom is going to begin work on getting GnuRadio to run on the Cell processor after he returns from vacation later this month. I am certain he will resolve this issue early in the process.

Bob

Clark Pope wrote:

I see that you can buy a PS3 now with YDL linux installed. (http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/sony/) How are the efforts to get gnu radio running on it going?

I don't play video games but I'm seriously considering buying to get the bluray player, Would be great if I can run gnuradio too.

Thanks,
Clark