Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem in using connect(gr.file_source, usrp.sin

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem in using connect(gr.file_source, usrp.sink_s)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:16:48 +0100

Eliane Hook wrote:
Thanks for the inputs. There was some issue with the hardware. I changed the USRP Board and this worked. But I still have a problem.

This output.dat file is obtained by running the usrp_rx_cfile.py at a particular frequency that has some meaningful data being transmitted. So the I and Q data being captured by the usrp_rx_cfile has meaningful data. Now, when I run my current script that connects the file_source to usrp_sink at some particular frequency and I cannot recieve this data from another radio at the same frequency. Is this flawed conceptually?

Thanks again for any and all help.
-- Eliane

Are you not receiving the data back, or are you receiving nothing at all (power, distorted signal)? Is this a digital waveform? What are you doing for frequency synchronization?

Tom