Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] High packet loss problem (samples dropped?) and f

From: Hsin-mu Tsai
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] High packet loss problem (samples dropped?) and fusb parameters
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:13:31 -0400

On 7/25/07, Dan Halperin <address@hidden> wrote:

<deleted>

IIRC 802.15.4 is a 2 MHz (if you think of it as QPSK at twice the symbol
rate, that is) modulation scheme so this is going to be testing the
limits of USB if you sample at 2 4, or 8MHz complex (8, 16, 32 MBps
respectively). Have you benchmarked your USB speed (I think
gnuradio-examples/src/python/usrp/benchmark_usb is the accepted way to
do so these days)? Are there other USB devices attached to the computer?

I suspect the problem is somehow related to USB too. But I couldn't
figure out a way to isolate the problem. Could the interrupts
generated by the USB controller be lost in the OS? (I thought it's
reliable, but I'm not sure)

I removed all the USB devices from the computer when I was doing the
experiment. The benchmark script said 32 MB/s throughput can be
achieved.

Thanks,
-Michael

--