Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OpenMoko

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OpenMoko
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 06:59:35 -0400

On 7/10/07, John Bratteli <address@hidden> wrote:
> I may be behind the times with this, but have any of
> you looked at the OpenMoko project?  It's an open
> source cell phone software stack.  They're not
> consumer ready yet, but the Neo1973 was recently put
> up for sale as developer hardware.  There could be
> real potential for the phone as a GNURadio platform,
> and we could use some of their code as well.

In the category of truly disturbing intersections of things I am
interested in ...

Koen Kooi has worked on the OpenEmbedded bitbake file I started and
has cleaned it up quite a bit. The gnuradio.bb file is now available
as part of the OpenEmbedded meta data.

His first test hardware was the Neo1973. He has run the dial tone example.

This does not mean actually trying to do SDR on the Neo1973 is a good idea :)

We are going to try testing on the Efika next week.

Philip