Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hierblock2

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hierblock2
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 08:59:29 -0700

Dominik Auras wrote:

> With the old blocks, there were these "kludge copy" blocks at the
> input of an hierarchical block in the case that the input stream was
> spreaded among several blocks in the inside. I saw this workaround in
> your examples with a note that it will be obsolete when the new
> blocks are implemented.
>
> This does not seem to work. I still need an input block as "kludge
> copy". Actually, I do not know if you already completed the work on
> the new blocks. So, is it a feature or a bug?

It's not clear from your post what isn't working.

With the new style hierarchical blocks, you create a block and give it
an io_signature indicating that it takes multiple inputs.

>From inside the the block, you create your internal flowgraph with calls
to self.connect() between your internally defined blocks.

Then, you wire your externally visible inputs to the "real" inputs by
calling self.connect(self, ...) for each input.

The hierarchical block code is complete and in the trunk, with a number
of examples using in the gnuradio-examples/python/hier/... directory.

As we're inching toward a 3.1 release, we'll be porting all the
remaining gnuradio-examples to the new flowgraph code.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC