[Discuss-gnuradio] Calculation of SNR for a particular modulation scheme

From: rashi dixit
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Calculation of SNR for a particular modulation scheme
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:04:22 +0100 (BST)

Hi everyone

Could anyone hint me on how to find the SNR for a particular modulation scheme.
Basically i want to plot the BER v/s SNR curve for gmsk modulation scheme on a particular link.
I have been successful enough to find BER but cant figure out a way to find the SNR.
Should I use the FFT way...by calculating the Power spectral density in matlab and then integrating?...
Or RMS value of the signal can be used (after subtracting the noise)?...

Kindly suggest something if anyone can,
thanks already..
Rashi Dixit

Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, we have it.