RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] File format question

From: Bahn William L Civ USAFA/DFCS
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] File format question
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:33:41 -0600

Thanks, that helps some.

I figured that I could put in the literal size of the data, in bytes, but that
only helps if it actually matches how the GR blocks are going to process those
bytes.

When possible, I would prefer to use the constants that have been set up so
that the code is (1) more readable, and (2) more maintainable. So instead of
using "8" for complex, I would like to use gr.sizeof_"whatever". But I don't
know what "whatever" needs to be. Where do I find this?

I'll look at dbpsk.py and tunnel.py when I get my Linux box set back up. Is
there a module that takes time domain data and converts it to IQ pairs, or am I
responsible for doing that when I generate the file? If so, what LO frequency
would I need to use?

It would be so much simpler if I could just use the generated time domain data
directly.

Thanks!