Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_fft.py -W and -S not working in OSX?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_fft.py -W and -S not working in OSX?
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:38:42 -0400

On Sep 4, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Max Moser wrote:
Hi there, i am trying to play around further with the tools in gnuradio and was surprised that when i use usrp_fft.py -f 27.195M everything worked as expected, but as soon as i added the -W or -S to the command nothing works anymore.

I just updated to the latest SVN trunk, complied and installed everything. 'usrp_fft.py' as now found in /usr/local/bin works OK for me on OSX 10.4.10 and the latest MacPorts and Apple updates, with no "-W" or -S". Both the "-W" and "-S" options work, but do hang regularly. In my testing, the hanging is directly related to the CPU utilization. On my Intel-iMac with Core 2 Duo, once the app thread reaches > 100% CPU utilization, the thread hangs (NB: the '100%' number is approximate; I've seen 'top' report back up to 103% without hanging immediately, but never > 104% without hanging). As I only have access to dual-processor Macs (both PPC and Intel), I can't say what happens on single-processor Macs.

Does someone notice the same prob in osx? Is there a solution?

I haven't been playing around with the default GNU Radio examples recently, so I hadn't noticed this behavior. I know of no solution at this time, but I will investigate it as time allows. - MLD