[Discuss-gnuradio] set_auto_tr(), gr_stall, and PTT

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] set_auto_tr(), gr_stall, and PTT
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:19:53 -0400

This email is to verify 2 items:

A) As per emails (1) and (2) below, in order to use the set_auto_tr() feature on RFX boards, I need to stall the TX path somehow since - any- input on the TX path will result in no RX (even all 0's).

B) After searching through gnuradio-core/src/lib, I find no "gr_stall" or similar. Does this block exist anywhere, and if not, is there a simple way around it or should I just write the block (it's not difficult, but why reinvent the wheel)? Or does someone have an implementation that I can leverage?

The "set_auto_tr()" method sounds from my reading to be a great way to go, but the examples I've found in gnuradio-examples instead use "subdev.set_enable()" instead ... which from reading through the GNU Radio email archives is quite a bit slower than the former. Thus my wondering if anyone is using the former, and if so, how?

Thanks! - MLD

1: < http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2006-09/ msg00233.html >