Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_* not working correctly

From: Dev Ramudit
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_* not working correctly
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:41:26 -0400

Tim,

I reconfigured both my 32 bit laptop and desktop to use the generic, and they both work now with benchmark_loopback. Unforunately, I still am unable to communicate between any USRPs with the benchmark_tx and _rx scripts. Thanks for all your work on this. When I have some free time I'll try to figure out whats wrong with the tx and rx scripts.

Dev

Tim Meehan wrote:
Dev, Johnathan and All,

After re-reading Dev's emails about 64 vs 32 bit and realizing that
gr_mpsk_receiver_cc.cc has not changed in some time, I took another look at
this.

On my build gr_fir_ccf->filter() was not functioning properly.  This is
called be the gri_mmse_fir_interpolator from gr_mpsk_receiver_cc. Note that
my build was using the _simd code.

The symptom was the interpolator was returning the real part of one sample
with the imaginary part of another sample.  This explains why my earlier
"patch" appeared to "fix" the problem.

My final solution was to do a make clean and configure with
./configure --with-md-cpu=generic
this forced the use of the *_generic instead of the *_simd

With this change ./benchmark_loopback.py seems to  work with
-m dqpsk
and
-m dbpsk

I have not spent any time looking into why the *_simd code did not seem to
work.

Tim