Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Default FPGA I/O standard

From: Jeff Brower
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Default FPGA I/O standard
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 02:28:32 -0500

  -is slightly faster

  -has some hysteresis (about 100 mV)

  -allows more pins to be in LVCMOS mode at any one
   time, given same drive strength

  -has no difference in output or sink current
   capabilities (as opposed to the JEDEC mention)

For the OP, it would probably be wise to use LVCMOS, as it appears to be more
flexible; you can also select 2.5V and 1.8V signaling levels without changing
pin
assignments.

These notes come from the Spartan 3 (being used on the new USRP).  I'm assuming
things are similar with Altera equivalents.

-Jeff