Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC on OSX?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC on OSX?
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 00:07:21 -0400

Does GRC using WX for anything until running a flow-graph? I assume it's included because of the scopes and such in gr-wxgui? I tried running some of the examples, and they bring up the WX GUI scopes just fine.

If I remove 'wx' from the modules check list in Editor.py, then GRC brings up its GUI. Quite strange. If I try:
---
python
>>> import wx
>>> import xml.parsers.pyexpat
---
then I get the bus error. Obviously Python has issues with the combined WX and xml.parsers.pyexpat, but I truly know not why. This doesn't happen with any other modules that are used by GRC, at least in my quick checking.

Thus I retract my belief that it's a GRC issue ... 0.65 didn't do the import modules check, which is why it "works".