Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC on OSX?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC on OSX?
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 09:01:12 -0400

On Oct 4, 2007, at 12:35 AM, Josh Blum wrote:
Basically, the test imports are all things that the Editor uses. gtk, pyxml... and wx for running the flow graphs. I decided on the "import tests" after many emails of error verbose because something like pyxml was not installed. Thoughts?

I'm 100% with you on these import checks. It's "easier" on the user to hear that "such and such module isn't installed" instead of getting some whacky Python error that doesn't really help.

try:
   __import__(module)
   sys.modules.pop(module) #of course, import sys at the top

No difference. I also tried just "del" as well as "del sys.modules (module)", neither of which worked.

I'm using WX 2.8.4 currently, so I'm trying downgrading to 2.6.3 as well as upgrading to 2.8.6. I'm open to any other suggestions as well. - MLD