Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem: Package fftw3f was not found in the pkg-

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem: Package fftw3f was not found in the pkg-config
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:06:36 -0400

On 10/4/07, Tomek <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I´m new to GNU Radio. I´m working on a project now and trying to get it to
> compile. I´m using cygwin and followed the "Installing GNU Radio with Cygwin
> " instruction step-by-step. The only problem i hade on the way was with
> wxPython because i tried the 2.8.6.0 and the instructions are for version
> 2.8.0.1 and i am missing the config.patch file in the 2.8.6.0 version.
>
> Anyhow...i tried it despide my failure with wxPython because the instruction
> sais it is not necessary. Everything else was fine and worked. Now i tried to
> configure gnuradio 3.0.4 and i get the following message:
>

> "
> checking for fftw >= 3.0... Package fftw3f was not found in the pkg-config
> search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing 'fftw3f.pc' to
> the PKG_CONFIG_PATH enviroment variable No package 'fftw3f' found
> configure: error: Libary requirements (fftw3f >= 3.0) not met; consider
> adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH enviroment variable if you libaries are in a
> nonstander prefix so pkg-config can find tham.
> "
>
> soooo....what do i have to do? edit the PKR_CONFIG_PATH? I googled and found
> out it FC5 could be the answer but FC5 installatin isw not explained in the
> cygwin instruction (http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/FC5Install) so anybody can
> give me a hint?

I think when you do the install, it installed to
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig.  This is noted on the FFTW installation page
here:

    http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/FFTWInstall

On my Cygwin installation, I have:

    $ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
    /usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

Which allows me to run:

    $ pkg-config --list-all | grep fft
    fftw3                 FFTW - fast Fourier transform library
    fftw3f                FFTW - fast Fourier transform library

> thx!
>
> Tomek

Brian