Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] saturation with multi_fft.py

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] saturation with multi_fft.py
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:16:24 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> I'm sure you are right about the gui taking the majority of the cycles,
> but it's the real-time feedback that makes gnuradio so attractive.
> Ideally one would beable to switch them on and off as needed during
> operation of the program, which it is my understanding will be possible
> with the implementation of mblocks.
>
> As things stand now, is there a "refresh rate" control that I can
> modify, so that the scope sinks use less cycles?
Yes, you can set the following parameters.
sink    param           default         less cycles     Function
oscope  frame_decim     1               >1              keep one block in every
"frame_decim"
fft     fft_rate        15.0            <15.0           refresh rate of
fft_display

so for less GUI cycles set frame_decim to 10 or even 100
set fft_rate to 5.0 or even 1.0

I wished that fft_rate was set to 5.0 default because allmost allways 15.0 is
too much a load on my machines.

Greetings,
Martin