Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Contribute to the in-band project: profile the co

From: Dominik Auras
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Contribute to the in-band project: profile the code
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:48:26 +0200

Hi!

I have tried to profile your code.

First thing I noted: The PMT library from your svn branch had to be
installed with sudo make install. Now I installed the whole branch.

Next thing:
When I run test_usrp_inband_rx, it takes very long time and produces
messages:
fusb: (rd status -2) No such file or directory

These appear after "Closing the USRP". There is cpu usage only after
this message, and only one core is used (is that right?). It takes more
than 8 minutes, not 40s as in your example in the wiki. Since it
appeared to hang, I have interrupted the execution.

I followed all instructions, from retrieving the branch up to getting
the new RBF file. My USRPs are from revision 4.2.

My linux is Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon. Instead of the linux kernel you
specified, I downloaded the source of my kernel.

Dominik