Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX Kit - A Few Queries

From: Prasanna Rao
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX Kit - A Few Queries
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 08:25:12 +0530

If IF is at 44MHz, is it further downconverted(to around 5-15MHz) before being fed to the ADC? I just want to know this out of curiosity. Pls let me know.

_________

Cheers!
Prasanna

On 10/12/07, Nirali Patel <address@hidden> wrote:
>>I ordered Tvrx module and expect it to arrive at my place soon. Hope it
will have a manual or imp guidelines on usage.

The TVRX will not come with a manual or guidelines on usage. You can find
the schematics at http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/usrp-hw/trunk/tvrx
The TVRX module has a Microtune 4937 Tuner Module and here is a link to the
datasheet for that
http://www.comsec.com/usrp/microtune/4937-DI5-3x8899-2.pdf

>>1) What is range of the IF I can set its output to?
It has a fixed IF at 44Mhz I believe. A different version of the same tuner
module comes with 5.75Mhz IF. Matt, please correct me if I am wrong.

>>2) Can I use it for HDTV reception?
Yes you can use it for HDTV reception. I am trying to do the same thing and
am halfway there. I suggest you start with FM reception or something pretty
basic using examples in gnuradio-examples directory.

>>3) What is the max voltage swing in the output? Is there a DC offset in
it?
Ref datasheet mentioned above.

Nirali Patel