[Discuss-gnuradio] Translation RFX drivers in C++

From: TGV
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Translation RFX drivers in C++
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:37:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have to use the RFX400 dboard for a C++ projet. Like the drivers for this
board was not available in C++, I translated them from python.

I am now debugging my code and I have some issues.

1) I am not able to tune correctly the VCO of the board (ADF4360-7). The VCO
generates a signal at about 400 MHz (see on a spectrum analyszer), and I'm
not able to change this frequency.  On the other end, I was able to see the
data on the SPI bus, and seem all right (enable, clock, and the data). So, I
can't figure out why the frequency didn't change. I would like to know if
there is any special thing we must do to activate the SPI of the chip, that
are not on the dirvers (db_flex.py). Also, is the 400 MHz is the default
frequency of the VCO?

2) I noticed the VCO output shut down when I disconnect the antenna. Is
there any protection on the board to protect the card when there is no
antenna on the RX/TX or RX2 connectors. If yes, if I connect a RF spectrum
analyser on TX, do you know if the output will be on?

Naturally, when I finish I can send you the code, but it is probably not
ready for publication.
If anyone want to debug it, I can send the actual version of the code.

Thanks

Maxime Lepage