Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] n_bytes initialization

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] n_bytes initialization
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:22:20 -0400

Hi Sanmi,

This code is still in the development stage, we are not supporting it until it is officially released. There are still some issues that need to be taken care of, and if you're looking at the in-band code in the trunk it's months old.

However, this is mainly a PMT question. The second parameter is used to return the number of bytes in the uniform vector. It is not how many bytes you want to read, it is how many bytes were read.

- George

address@hidden wrote:
Hi,

I am looking through the inband code for a project. I noticed that in: <void
usrp_server::handle_cmd_xmit_raw_frame>, the variable <n_bytes> is not given a
value after initialization.

The variable is is used in: <const void *samples =
pmt_uniform_vector_elements(pmt_nth(2, data), n_bytes);> which is used to
define the data length.

When I printed the <n_bytes> variable, I noticed it took *random values on my
machine.

Is my observation correct, or is something done elsewhere?

note: file is </gnuradio/src/usrp/host/lib/inband/usrp_server.cc>

Thanks
Sanmi