Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segmentation fault when running usrp_spectrum_sen

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segmentation fault when running usrp_spectrum_sense.py
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 20:07:24 -0500

As another data point: Sometimes this happens on OSX, and sometimes it doesn't. On otherwise identical computers (Intel-iMac, 10.4.10, latest updates, MacPorts for background libraries, includes, and apps), with the only difference being the version of Python and related python stuff (2.4 versus 2.5), for the computer with 2.5 it works, while the one with 2.4 it gives a "bus error". At least on OSX, this happens w/o/r/t which daughtercard is being selected, and it doesn't happen in the low-level fusb code (which on OSX is spitting out buffer overflows - the data is coming in, but not really being used by the TB/FG: there is 1 request for data from the TB/FG, then no more). Sorry I can't provide more info yet; I haven't had time to track it down further. - MLD