[Discuss-gnuradio] hardware speedup factor starting from AMD Sempron 300

From: Vincenzo Pellegrini
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] hardware speedup factor starting from AMD Sempron 3000+
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:39:01 -0000

hi everybody,

I have got my ETSI DVB-T transmitter code working on my linux box, which
is based upon an AMD sempron 3000+ (single core) processor.

Can anybody roughly esteem the speed up factor that I would have by
upgrading to a state of the art desktop processor (maybe a dual core
Intel Penryn)?

Can I expect my code, as it is, to take some advantage of a multicore
architecture?

the gnuradiO REVISION i'm using is 3.01

thanks
vincenzo