[Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX FM demod issues

From: Rasmus Jon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX FM demod issues
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 01:22:18 -0800 (PST)

Friends...

i'm trying to demod fm radio using tvrx db. i'm able to pickup only one
station, that too with much noise. there is no clear peak in any of the
signals. whereas i'm able to hear many stations using my tiny fm radio built
into my mp3 player (w/o any ext antenna).. for tvrx, i tried with a normal
telescopic antenna... it improved a bit when i used a wire loop.. i tried
changing the gain, puttin it around 30 gave me the better output.

is there anything else i can tune ?? how can i check my tvrx is not faulty
??

if i'm usin basic rx, can i directly connect the antenna to j19 ?? shud i
change anythin in software ?

thanks..

jon