Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] tuning the BasicRX board

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] tuning the BasicRX board
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:26:22 -0500

> set_rx_freq(-10e6) should work, assuming you've got the mux setup correctly.
>
> If you're using the first input on the Basic Rx on the A-side you'll
> want set_mux(0xf0f0f0f0)

This is the mux I'm setting, and with set_rx_freq(-10e6) I still have no luck.

In benchmark_rx.py, the samples are unmodified up to the channel filter, correct?

> The computation that splits the tuning between the RF front end and
> the DDC is done in usrp.py (tune).  In the case of basic_rx, the
> daughterboard set_freq returns (True, 0), indicating that DC is at 0
> Hz in the IF.  That is, there's nothing to tune on the daughterboard,
> and all the work is done in the DDC.

I see, this makes sense.

At this point, I'm not really sure what's going on. I guess we will dig around the FPGA code, but I still don't understand how we can properly receive and plot the sine wave if it were broken.

- George