[Discuss-gnuradio] Controlling USRP From Inside General Gnuradio Block

From: Firas A.
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Controlling USRP From Inside General Gnuradio Block
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:08:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

If :
u = usrp.source_c(0)

then if I passed the usrp source instance (u)  to a gnuradio block, what is
the class (type) that should be used in the c++ code to receive (define)
this instance ?

I thought at first we can define it as a class of usrp_standard_rx, but I
was totally wrong.

What I'm trying to do, is to control the usrp directly from inside a general
gnuradio block. The reason  for this is that in usrp_spectrum_sense.py, the
call from inside bin_statistics block (C++) to the tune function (python)
takes so much time for each center frequency change.

If I passed the usrp source instance to the bin_statistics block, then, I
will be able to control the DDC frequency of the USRP directly without the
need to call the python code every time. Thanks.

Firas,