Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I&Q on same or separate channels?

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I&Q on same or separate channels?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:07:04 -0500

Brian Padalino wrote:
They are on separate channels, synchronized and are instantiated here:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/branches/features/inband-usb/usrp/fpga/toplevel/usrp_inband_usb/usrp_inband_usb.v#L235

How do you feel you want to handle it?

Well, that definitely explains things and why my GMSK receiver can't decode a transmission ;)

I just called Leo, he's on his way back to China for the break until mid-January. This is something I don't want to wait on, so I'm going to try and tackle it myself.

His suggestion was to make the megacell 32-bits wide, and on the RX strobe (what we're using to signal a write), write 16 bits from the first channel and then 16 bits from the second channel to it.

- George