Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Patch-gnuradio] Enhancing Gnuradio Doxygen Gener

From: Firas A.
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Patch-gnuradio] Enhancing Gnuradio Doxygen Generated Official Documentation
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:15:21 -0800 (PST)

Dear Eric,

Sorry for delayed reply, but I was very busy.

>Eric Wrote :
>Hi Firas,
>
>Thanks for working on the documentation.

Your are welcome, as promised before, I will try to keep my enhancing
gnuradio documentation job active for me.

>Please don't send large attachments (> 10KB) to the list, we've got
>over 1000 subscribers, and this generates gigabytes of network traffic.
>Please post a link instead.

For Discuss-gnuradio, I thought (as previously published) the limit was
100KB. For patch-gnuradio, I thought the limit is open (as it should be).

>Some of the attachments seemed to be .rar archives.  Those aren't
>commonly used in the free world.  I don't think the spec is open, and
>the tools are not generally distributed.  If you're going to use
>archives, please use tar.gz or tar.bz2.

Only the attachment sent to discuss-gnuradio was in.rar format. The
attachment sent to patch-gnuradio was in tar.gz

>I haven't looked inside the .rars.  Given their size, I assume that
>they may contain complete files, and not just the differences between
>the svn trunk and your changes.  In general, send the output of diff -u,
>not the whole file.  This makes it easier for us to figure out what
>changed, and to apply the changes to (possibly) different branches.

1) The complete attachments (files) for the new modifications are :

http://rapidshare.com/files/76826593/gnuradio-html-documentation.tar.gz
http://rapidshare.com/files/77243364/newdoc.tar.gz

2) The differences between original (Doxyfile.in, group_defs.dox) and the
modified one (main_page.dox was not modified) are  :

http://rapidshare.com/files/77248944/differences.tar.gz

Best Regards,

Firas