Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] only zeros in dual-channel-mode

From: wolfgang buesser
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] only zeros in dual-channel-mode
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 15:34:05 -0800 (PST)

Eric Blossom wrote:

>>         self.rx_r_subdev = usrp.selected_subdev(self.rx, (0,0))
>>         self.rx_r_subdev = usrp.selected_subdev(self.rx, (1,0))
>
> Looks like a typo here ^  you're setting rx_r_subdev twice

Correct. This is not as in the code I tested.!

> Also, how many LF_RX's do you have?  Two? or are you using one, and
> treating the two inputs as separate channels.  If you're using two,
> then the lines above are OK, otherwise they should be
>   (0, 0)
>   (0, 1)

I do have 2 LF_RX

>>         self.rx.set_mux(gru.hexint(0xf0f0f0f0)) # expecting to get port A
>> of
>> side A on both channels
>
> OK, but I'm not sure I see why you'd want to feed the same A/D to both
> DDCs...

Just for testing. I have tried settings like 0xf3f2f1f0 as well.

>>         rrx_r = self.rx.tune(0, self.rx_r_subdev, 10e6+1e3)
>>         rrx_t = self.rx.tune(0, self.rx_t_subdev,  10e6+1e3)
>

> One of these should be tune(1, ...)

O.k.! I fixed that, but with no success.

> Note that in general tune won't work correctly for more than one
> channel. Since you're using LF_RX, you're probably OK.

As I am setting both DDCs to the same freq anyway - should I skip on eof the
tune-statements?

Here is the entire code:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p14532952/my_both.py my_both.py

Wolfgang