Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] set_auto_tr(), gr_stall, and PTT

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] set_auto_tr(), gr_stall, and PTT
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:03:22 -0800

Your message stated you wanted to do "simultaneous TX/RX". If you want to switch back and forth, then you do not want simultaneous, which is a good thing. You want to use the auto t/r switching mode.
Matt

Robert Miller wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply Matt.  However, my main question is whether or not
transmission and reception can be time multiplexed using the TX/RX port of a
single RFX daughterboard.  My main goal is to switch back and forth between
transmitting and receiving using the same TX/RX port.  Is this possible, and
if so, how would one go about about implementing it in code?  I would like
to do it as fast as possible.

Thanks again,

Rob

Matt Ettus wrote:
Robert Miller wrote:
Michael,

Any luck in answering your last question?:

"I was really hoping to <do> simultaneous TX/RX using - just- the TX/RX antenna on an RFX board, but I've had no luck doing that. Anyone know if this last scenario is possible?"

I am very much interested in the same functionality.
You simply can't transmit and receive on the same antenna at the same time. If you look at the schematics you will see why. If you want to transmit and receive at the same time, you need to use the TX/RX port for transmit and the RX2 port for receive. That's why it is there.

Matt