Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question regarding vector_sink_c

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question regarding vector_sink_c
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:56:36 +0000

Wee Shinhan wrote:
Hi eric,
Thanks for the reply, i have connected it to the
channel filters, i trying to do an estimate on
wireless channel coefficient. Therefore i'm trying to
capture the complex data received before
de-modulation. I havent have much success using vector
sink even when i set a range for the data captured,
all doesnt seems right.

Is there any blks that will be useful for my
experiment? Or do i have to write my own C++ blk to
process my needs. Thanks again.

regards,
ShinHan

The channel filter passes everything coming from the USRP and there's no squelch here, so you'll get samples of the noise if you aren't transmitting. Even if you are transmitting from another USRP, the received signal is going to be sampled at the wrong time and have frequency and phase offsets. I'm guessing that's what you mean by not right.

Tom