Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnu Radio Companion (GRC) 0.69 experience

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnu Radio Companion (GRC) 0.69 experience
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:08:46 -0500

The error seems to come from gtk.main and not from the GRC source itself. Perhaps this is the result of a race condition (in grc) between the the main thread and the thread waiting on the flow graph to finish.

->By clicking the kill button, the waiting thread finishes by calling the very same method that handles the "kill button" press. Perhaps in all the ruckus, some gtk functions get called by 2 threads at once, and eventually gtk gets upset and dies/crashes...

I committed a fix for this in the GRC trunk. Can somebody with this issue try out the trunk fix and let me know?

-Josh

Ed Criscuolo wrote:
I've seen this exact same behavior for some time.  I'm currently
running the latest GnuRadio release and GRC 0.69 on Mac OSX 10.4.11

Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:

I would like to thank again Josh for the wonderfull job on GRC:
I am now using it regularly for my classroom demonstrations on analog/digital communications.

I have noticed (it has been more than 6 months since the last time I used it) that 0.69 version crashes a lot with my fedora 7 (64 bit). In fact, 8 out of 10 times that I stop a running graph (usually with 4-5 graphical sinks running) either by closing the graph window or by pressing the "stop" button on the graphical editor of GRC, it closes the entire GRC editor...

Can someone confirm this behavior?

Thanks
Achilleas

PS: I have to add one more item on my wish list for 0.70 :-)
In the "open file" and "save file" dialog boxes, make "open" and "save" the default action when pressing "enter", so you wont have to press the button with the mouse...