Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question: Array of complex numbers as input

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question: Array of complex numbers as input
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 09:12:11 -0500

Jason Anders wrote:
Hi again!

I am trying to make a signal processing block that uses an array of
complex numbers at its input. I was just wondering whether
&input_items can support this.

I was told that the &input_items are simply "plain old data." So if I
cannot pass an array of complex numbers as an input argument, is there
a way to process my input so that I can still get a stream of complex
numbers as input?

Hi,

The "how to write a block" GNU Radio guide is an awesome guide to understanding this:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/howto-write-a-block.html

Then you will understand what "input_items" is... it's not what you were told :P Whatever "plain old data" might actually be.

The quick answer is that it's a stream of arrays, where there can be a single stream which is what you want (a single array). But read the guide to completely understand it.

Aside from that, you don't typically call the work() function yourself. You connect the blocks and as data is streamed through your flow graph, the work() function is called on that stream. Read the guide and you will understand this.

- George