Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Enhancing Gnuradio Doxygen Generated Official Doc

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Enhancing Gnuradio Doxygen Generated Official Documentation
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:25:20 -0800

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:42:50AM -0800, Firas A. wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> kindly, I have a question about the possibility to make the
> documentation changes to svn source files. Let us suppose that I
> started today to do the new documentation with rev 4796. And let us
> assume that I will finish the documentation in 15 days.

Firas (and everybody else!),

I'd prefer that you send us lots of relatively small changes, instead
of one big change in 15 days.  This allows one of the committers to
take a quick look at the patch and apply it.  Smaller patches take
less review from us, and are more likely to get applied right away.
This is the way we manage the software too.

Here's how to do it:

  * check out the trunk
  * edit the header file documentation or python doc strings, or whatever
  * when you're happy with your changes send the output of

    $ svn diff

  to patch-gnuradio.

One of the committers will review the patch and if it looks good will
apply it to the trunk or will suggest changes.

Then you can update your copy of the trunk, and continue working.  To
pipeline this process, checkout a new copy of the trunk in a different
directory and start working on your second set of changes in there.
Then when you send the diff, it'll be for the new changes only.

After we've seen a series of good patches from you that apply cleanly,
and follow our conventions, we can talk about getting you write
access to the repo.

Thanks again for your commitment to improving GNU Radio!

Eric