Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP digital I/O

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP digital I/O
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:54:50 -0800

Steven Clark wrote:
I asked the same thing a year or so ago, didn't get much of an answer.

AFAIK, there are no software hooks for the digital I/O pins. What we
ended up doing was editing the verilog such that the sign of the real
component sent to the BasicTX dboard came out on 1 I/O pin, and the
sign of the imag component went to another pin. One pin was data, the
other clock. We used the Quartus software to generate another .rbf
file, in other words. Just set the gain of the tx dboard to the min
and ignore its analog output. This worked fine for us.

-Steven